Monday 31 August 2015

Look! It's a red one

Look! It's a red one, as a red squirrel dashed across the road as we neared our destination. Looking for a week of country peace, this was a good start. We have come to stay in deepest Galloway, no noise except for birds, bees and cows. No technology, except for an iPad and a camera, but, as there is minimal internet those don't really count. Oh, and for noise I should have added in the gentle clicking of needles and the scraping of a knife tidying up plastic model kit pieces.

 

 

This was yesterday, not the 1950's. The road entrance was slightly blocked, by a herd of cows that weren't at all fazed by a large, black car. William actually had to get out of the car and shoo them away.

 



Prior to getting here we went to Culzean Castle were they were doing a reanactment day, Bruce's men to Vietnam. Some military vehicles were shot to add to Williams reference library, and I was shot by him while doing so! Someone actually recognised the camo I was wearing, Swiss Alpenflage, turned out he was ex Swiss army himself. Best camo ever for photo stuff, masses of built in pockets, and most people don't even realise it is real, plenty of odd stares, but not the same as when wearing British army stuff.




Plenty of flowers here and today as I was sitting quietly knitting a hare hopped up beside me and sat watching me while I watched him (or her). A smallish one, so I think this years crop. Didn't have a camera to hand. Lots of bees and insects as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment